Membership Program Development
Membership Programs are developed and executed by Member Relations Council, governed by a Board (refer to 6.4.8) responsible for ComSoc member activities and benefit programs for individual members, chapters or regions.
The Membership Programs serve a community comprised of a diverse group of industry professionals, Academics and students with a common interest in advancing all communications technologies. To that end, the Society sponsors publications, conferences, educational programs, local activities, and technical and academic interactions and events that:
- Foster original work in all aspects of communications science, engineering, and technology.
- Encourage the development of applications for transfer of voice, data, image, and/or video between locations.
- Promote the communications theory and use of systems involving all types of communication equipment, computers, and information processors; all pertinent systems and operations that facilitate transfer; all transmission media; switched and packet networks; and network layouts, protocols, architectures, and implementations.
- Promote developments toward meeting new market demands in systems, products, and technologies such as personal communications services, multimedia communications systems, enterprise networks, optical communications systems, wireless communication, internet technology and standards.
- Encourage collaboration and exchange of information.
- Develop and offer programs, and member activities that benefit individuals, chapters and sections:
- Promote community development and activities of common interest
- Engage young members and support leadership development
- Engage industry around the world in membership programs
- Develop and offer programs to serve the industry and academic institutions
- Promote professional development
The Key Membership Programs include:
- Chapter Funding
- Chapter Achievement Awards
- Distinguished Visitor Program
- Distinguished Lecture Tour (DLT)
- Distinguished Speaker Program (DSP)
- Industry Outreach Program
- IndustryNow Program
- Visibility Program